- Activities: Sea-kayaking, hiking, food, culture.
- Start/end-point: Florence, Italy.
- Trip duration: 10 days/9 nights.
- Trips available: April-June; September-November. Please note: this trip is only available for private groups of 8 or more, with departures scheduled on request. Because the tours are private, they can be customised in various ways to suit your group.
- Price: NZ$4885 per person twin-share. For single rooms throughout add NZ$585. Currency converter.
- 'Trips for Six' price: To be confirmed - contact us for more details. Learn more.
- Included: 6 guided sea-kayaking trips including all necessary equipment; 2 days guided hiking in the Alpi Apuane mountains, with additional guided hikes in the event marine conditions prevent any sea-kayaking trips from running as planned; 9 nights accommodation (private rooms with en-suite bathrooms); 9 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 4 dinners; all vehicle travel and support; all local train and ferry travel; experienced guides throughout; advice and assistance for travel in Italy before and after the tour.
- Activity level: As a general guideline trip members should be comfortable sea-kayaking or hiking 8-10 kms/5-6 miles/3-4 hours daily. Trails are sometimes uneven underfoot, with uphill/downhill sections. The guides will help with luggage where possible, but guests should be prepared to carry their own luggage to/from their accommodation, which can sometimes be a walk of up to 5 minutes with stairs.
- Group size: 8-16 people, private groups only.
Coastal treasuresEnquire now
Combining glittering seas, small islands, picturesque villages and historic ports this ten-day road-trip offers new perspectives on Italy.
From the rugged Cinque Terre coastline to the umbrella-lined beaches of the Italian Riviera, from the high mountains of north Tuscany to the secluded coves of Elba Island, this active trip is a celebration of Italy’s natural, cultural and culinary diversity.
Seven sea-kayaking journeys are interspersed with short and long hikes, all led by expert guides. You’ll travel in safety on and off the water and get an insight into the unique aspects of each stop along the way.
You don’t need to be an expert paddler or an in-shape athlete, but some sea-kayaking ability, an average level of fitness and general good health will all be necessary.
You’ll work up quite an appetite with all this activity. Fortunately in Italy fine food is never far away. Whether it’s a simple beach-picnic or an elaborate dinner-party, each meal included in the tour will highlight that particular location’s traditional cuisine.
- Days 1, 2 & 3: Sea-kayaking between the villages of Cinque Terre National Park and around Portovenere’s historic harbor and islands.
- Days 4 & 5: The Italian Riviera, sea-kayaking from postcard-perfect Portofino to the isolated abbey of San Fruttuoso and beyond.
- Days 6 & 7: For a change of environment and activity we’ll head to the hills: two days of hiking along the quiet mountain trails of the Alpi Apuane coastal range.
- Days 8, 9 & 10: Sea-kayaking and walking around Elba Island: ancient villages, beautiful beaches and crystal-clear waters.
More about the accommodation:
For the first 3 nights of the tour we’ll stay right on the water’s edge in a hotel in Portovenere’s neighbouring village Le Grazie.
Nights 4 & 5 will be spent in the stylish Riviera town of Santa Margherita Ligure.
High in the Alpi Apuane coastal range sits the tiny village of Pruno (population: 75), our base for nights 6 & 7. Here we’ll stay in vacation apartments scattered throughout the village.
On Elba Island, nights 8 & 9, we’ll stay in a small hotel in the laid-back seaside town of Marciana Marina.
All three hotels (nights 1-3, 4-5 and 8-9) have 3-star ratings. Moves to either more upscale or budget accommodations nearby are available upon request.
'Trips for Six'
Discounts for groups
Get a group of six or more together and reduce everyone’s price.
How it works: Instead of the regular per person price, we’ll give you a special per group price.
As the group's coordinator its up to you to decide how to split the 'Trips for Six' price. You might:
- surprise your friends and family by paying for everyone.
- divide the amount equally among all participants.
- get the rest of the group to share the cost so you travel for free.
Who is it for? Extended families, groups of friends, hiking & kayaking clubs, corporate groups, etc.
'Trips for Six' discounts are available only for bookings made directly with
Tamarillo Active Travel. Contact us to learn more.