- Activities: Sea-kayaking, hiking, food, cultural activities.
- Start-point: Venice, Italy.
- End-point: Florence, Italy
- Trip duration: 12 days/11 nights.
- Trips available: May-June; September-October. Please note: this trip is only available for private groups of 8 or more, with departures scheduled on request. Because the tours are private, they can be customised in various ways to suit your group.
- Price: NZ$4835 per person twin-share. For single rooms throughout add NZ$565. Currency converter.
- 'Trips for Six' price: To be confirmed - contact us for more details. Learn more.
- Included: 6 guided sea-kayaking trips including all necessary equipment; 11 nights accommodation (private rooms with en-suite bathrooms); 10 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 5 dinners; all vehicle travel and support; all Venice water-taxi and ferry travel; round-trip Elba Island ferry travel, Cinque Terre National Park trail-passes, experienced guides throughout; advice and assistance for travel in Italy before and after the tour.
- Activity level: As a general guideline trip members should be comfortable sea-kayaking or hiking 8-10 kms/5-6 miles/2-3 hours. Trails are sometimes uneven and uphill/downhill. The guides will help with luggage, but as another general guideline guests should be able to get their own luggage to/from their accommodation, which can sometimes be a walk of 5-10 minutes.
- Group size: 8-14 people, private groups only.
Hiking & sea-kayaking road-tripsEnquire now
Encompassing historic waterways, mountain trails, seaside villages and city streets, this twelve-day road-trip offers new perspectives on Italy.
From the famous canals of Venice to the rustic countryside of Parma; from the glittering seas of the Italian Riviera to the soaring peaks of the Alpi Apuane range; from the rocky shores of Elba Island to the cobbled streets of Florence: this is a celebration of Italy’s natural, cultural and culinary diversity.
Each day’s sea-kayaking or hiking route is planned to lead away from busy tourism centers to beautiful, less-known areas. You don’t need to be an expert paddler or an in-shape athlete, but some kayaking experience, an average level of fitness and general good health will all be necessary.
In Parma and Florence you can choose to rent a bike and join the locals cycling through the city's parks and car-free streets. You’ll work up quite an appetite with all this activity.
Fortunately in Italy fine food is never far away. Our outdoor adventures will be complemented by gastronomic adventures which include shopping for picnic supplies in local markets, dropping in to venerable Venetian wine-bars to quench our thirst and enjoying convivial dinner-parties in rustic Tuscan trattorias.
- Days 1 & 2: Sea-kayaking on Venice’s canals and lagoon; a guided walking and food tour; dinner on an outer island.
- Day 3: Strolling and slow-biking within Parma’s historic centre.
- Day 4: Sea-kayaking along the Portofino coast, part of the Italian Riviera.
- Days 5 & 6: Sea-kayaking and hiking in Cinque Terre National Park.
- Days 7 & 8: Hiking in the Alpi Apuane mountains.
- Days 9 & 10: Sea-kayaking around Elba Island.
- Days 11 & 12: Strolling and slow-biking through Florence.
More about the accommodation:
For the first 2 nights of the tour we’ll stay in Venice’s San Polo district, in a small 2-star hotel. This is a tranquil area off the conventional tourist trail yet just a few steps from the Grand Canal.
Night 3’s accommodation is an elegant 4-star hotel in the heart of Parma’s historic city center.
For nights 4 & 5 the group will be accommodated in vacation apartments scattered throughout Corniglia, the smallest and quietest of Cinque Terre National Park’s famous five villages.
High in the Apuan Alps of north Tuscany lies the village of Pruno (population: 75), our base for nights 6 & 7. Here we’ll stay in vacation apartments, most of them owned by local families currently living elsewhere in Italy.
While on Elba Island we’ll stay 3 nights in a family-run, 3-star hotel in the laid-back seaside town of Marciana Marina.
In Florence, for the final night of the tour, we’ll stay in a 3-star boutique hotel on the top floor of a 16th-century palazzo. The roof-top garden provides panoramic views of the city and hills beyond.
'Trips for Six'
Discounts for groups
Get a group of six or more together and reduce everyone’s price.
How it works: Instead of the regular per person price, we’ll give you a special per group price.
As the group's coordinator its up to you to decide how to split the 'Trips for Six' price. You might:
- surprise your friends and family by paying for everyone.
- divide the amount equally among all participants.
- get the rest of the group to share the cost so you travel for free.
Who is it for? Extended families, groups of friends, hiking & kayaking clubs, corporate groups, etc.
'Trips for Six' discounts are available only for bookings made directly with
Tamarillo Active Travel. Contact us to learn more.