- Activities: Sea-kayaking, hiking, paddle-boarding, snorkeling, fishing.
- Start-/end-point: Queenstown International Airport, New Zealand.
- Trip duration: 5 nights/6 days.
- Trips available: Year-round. Please note: this trip is only available for private groups of 8 people, with departures scheduled on request.
- Price: NZ$4385 per person.
- Included: 5 nights accommodation; 4 days private charter of the Breaksea Girl with a 2-person crew; round-trip helicopter transfers between Te Anau and Dusky Sound; 4 days guided sea-kayaking & hiking; 3 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 evening meals; all necessary vehicle transfers throughout.
- Activity level: As a general guideline trip members should be in good health and comfortable sea-kayaking and hiking 10-12 kms/3-4 hours each day.
- Group size: 8-10 people.
Dusky Sound, Fiordland
Live-aboard adventureEnquire now
A 6-day wilderness adventure in one of NZ’s most remote corners.
We’ll travel by helicopter deep into Fiordland National Park – a spectacular flight over mountains, rivers and lakes to Tamatea, Dusky Sound, where the Breaksea Girl will be moored. This stylish, sturdy charter-vessel is a 60-foot ketch, ideally designed for cruising the fiords of Fiordland: beanbags on the spacious viewing deck, a warm saloon and library, and an open wheelhouse.
Delicious meals and comfortable beds on-board; sea-kayaking and hiking adventures each day. Snorkeling, paddle-boarding and fishing are also available. Before heading to Dusky Sound we’ll warm up with a day of sea-kayaking and hiking in majestic Milford Sound.
More about the accommodation.
We’ll stay two nights in lakeside Te Anau, then three nights aboard the Breaksea Girl in Dusky Sound. Sleeping options on board include double-berth cabins, 2-bed bunkrooms, and a quad-share, bunk-style compartment. The boat has two flush-toilets and two hot showers, with plenty of fresh cold and hot water always available.
In Te Anau we'll stay in modern, spacious vacation apartments - either 2-bedroom/1-bathroom or 3-bedroom/2-bathroom. We can arrange 1-bedroom/1-bathroom apartments for a slight increase in price.
'Trips for Six'
Discounts for groups
Get a group of six or more together and reduce everyone’s price.
How it works: Instead of the regular per person price, we’ll give you a special per group price.
As the group's coordinator its up to you to decide how to split the 'Trips for Six' price. You might:
- surprise your friends and family by paying for everyone.
- divide the amount equally among all participants.
- get the rest of the group to share the cost so you travel for free.
Who is it for? Extended families, groups of friends, hiking & kayaking clubs, corporate groups, etc.
'Trips for Six' discounts are available only for bookings made directly with
Tamarillo Active Travel. Contact us to learn more.
Sea-kayak the south
Paddle through time
Sea-kayak the north
Wildlife & wilderness
South Island day-hikes
Walk like a kiwi
Fully supported / virtually guided
Great Barrier Island
Aotea Long Weekend
Rakiura Long Weekend
Rakiura yoga adventure
Dusky Sound, Fiordland
Photo credits: Wild Fiordland.