- Activities: You can choose.
- Start/end point: Anywhere in New Zealand.
- Trip duration: You decide.
- Trips available: Year-round.
- Price: It depends.
- Included: You decide.
- Activity level: It's up to you.
- Group size: Minimum: 2 people. No maximum.
Fully supported / virtually guidedEnquire now
All of our Aotearoa New Zealand trips can be modified to be done un-guided. We'll tailor your itinerary and take care of all the arrangements.
We’ll supply you with detailed notes for each day. Once your trip is underway we’ll stay in support as needed. We call this 'virtual-guiding'.
Specialist local guides might be involved now and then - for example, for a sea-kayaking trip or a glacier-walk. At other times you’ll be on your own but with us on-call as your virtual guides, always within reach by phone or email.
'Organized freedom' means we’ll keep things organized so you’re free to enjoy the journey. Here's how it works.
Step one: Email us to request your personalised itinerary. We'd like to know:
- how many people will be in your group, along with ages, interests, levels of fitness;
- when you want to travel, where you want to go and how much time you have available;
- what type of accommodation you prefer (anything is possible, from 5-star hotels to farm-stays, nature-lodges, backpacker hostels, vacation homes, etc.);
- how you want to travel (self-drive car, public transport, chauffeur-driven service);
- what activities you'd like to include (eg: hiking, biking, sea-kayaking, fishing, golf, etc.).
Step two: We'll combine your ideas with our local knowledge to come up with a tailor-made itinerary.
Step three: Together we'll fine-tune the plan to get it just right, then we'll put it into action. As you travel you'll have our full support.
'Trips for Six'
Discounts for groups
Get a group of six or more together and reduce everyone’s price.
How it works: Instead of the regular per person price, we’ll give you a special per group price.
As the group's coordinator its up to you to decide how to split the 'Trips for Six' price. You might:
- surprise your friends and family by paying for everyone.
- divide the amount equally among all participants.
- get the rest of the group to share the cost so you travel for free.
Who is it for? Extended families, groups of friends, hiking & kayaking clubs, corporate groups, etc.
'Trips for Six' discounts are available only for bookings made directly with
Tamarillo Active Travel. Contact us to learn more.
Photo credits. Right-side top, Destination Queenstown. Sea-kayak the South, Ian Trafford. Sea-kayak the North, Scott Venning. Southern Frontier, Jocelyn Carlin.