- Activities: Hiking, sea-kayaking, wildlife encounters.
- Start-point: Invercargill airport, New Zealand.
- End-point: Invercargill airport, New Zealand.
- Trip duration: To be confirmed - contact us for more details.
- Trips available: Year-round. Please note: this trip is only available for private groups of six or more, with departures scheduled on request.
- Price: To be confirmed - contact us for more details.
- Included: To be confirmed - contact us for more details.
- Activity level: As a general guideline trip members should be comfortable hiking 8-10 kms/5-6 miles/2-3 hours each day. The trails will be sometimes uneven and uphill/downhill. The guides will help with luggage, but as another general guideline guests should be able to handle all their own luggage.
- Group size: 6-16 people.
Rakiura Long Weekend
Stewart IslandEnquire now
'Make life a long weekend.'*
A new Tamarillo Active Travel project for 2019: Rakiura, Stewart Island. Sea-kayaking, hiking and wildlife encounters: watch this space.
*From a poem by New Zealand's ARD Fairburn.
'Trips for Six'
Discounts for groups
Get a group of six or more together and reduce everyone’s price.
How it works: Instead of the regular per person price, we’ll give you a special per group price.
As the group's coordinator its up to you to decide how to split the 'Trips for Six' price. You might:
- surprise your friends and family by paying for everyone.
- divide the amount equally among all participants.
- get the rest of the group to share the cost so you travel for free.
Who is it for? Extended families, groups of friends, hiking & kayaking clubs, corporate groups, etc.
'Trips for Six' discounts are available only for bookings made directly with
Tamarillo Active Travel. Contact us to learn more.